cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Squire
New Contributor

High School Chemistry Teacher Input (VR Sim)

Hello all, my name is Andy, a computer science student at UMich. I'm currently in the process of developing a basic molecular structures simulation in VR, and I wanted to connect with some high school chemistry teachers and ask about their challenges in teaching molecular structures and chemistry as a whole. If you have any interest in speaking to me or seeing my current WIP, please respond back and I'll send you my email. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
diana658
New Contributor

Re: High School Chemistry Teacher Input (VR Sim)

@Squirefloridablue wrote:

Hello all, my name is Andy, a computer science student at UMich. I'm currently in the process of developing a basic molecular structures simulation in VR, and I wanted to connect with some high school chemistry teachers and ask about their challenges in teaching molecular structures and chemistry as a whole. If you have any interest in speaking to me or seeing my current WIP, please respond back and I'll send you my email. 

Hello, @Squire 

It’s great to hear about your project on developing a VR simulation for molecular structures. Engaging with high school chemistry teachers to understand their challenges can significantly inform the design and functionality of your simulation.

From what I’ve found, some common challenges in teaching molecular structures include the abstract nature of the subject, the difficulty students have in visualizing and understanding complex molecular interactions, and the need for multiple visual representations to aid learning. A VR simulation could potentially address these challenges by providing an immersive and interactive way for students to explore and understand molecular structures.

If you’re looking to connect with high school chemistry teachers, you might consider reaching out through educational forums, social media groups dedicated to science education, or directly contacting high schools to see if they would be interested in collaborating. Teachers can provide valuable insights into the specific areas where students struggle and suggest features that could make your VR simulation a useful educational tool.

I wish you the best of luck with your project, and I’m sure many educators would be interested in a tool that could make learning about molecular structures more accessible and engaging for their students. 😊

Best Regard,
diana658

0 Kudos