On November 8, 2011, the International Council on Nanotechnology (ICON) announced the availability of the presentation slides from the modules for the training course entitled “Introduction to Nanomaterials and Occupational Health.” The course was developed under a grant from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and is intended to prepare safety professionals to address issues that may arise in the nanomaterial workplace by providing a comprehensive review of current knowledge, frameworks for risk management, and tools for keeping up with the rapidly expanding knowledge base on nanomaterials’ health and safety impacts.
The course modules include:
- Introduction to Nanotechnology and Nanomaterials;
- What Workers Need to Know about Nanomaterial Toxicology and Environmental Impacts;
- Assessing and Controlling Exposure to Nanomaterials in the Workplace;
- Risk Management Approaches for Nanomaterial Workplaces;
- Regulations and Standards Relevant to Nanomaterial Workplaces; and
- Tools and Resources for Further Study.
See the file below for a pdf version of the talks.