Innovation is the key to thriving in the competitive business world. However, oftentimes, innovation is driven by crisis rather than proactive creativity. Martin Zwilling writes in Forbes about six leadership behaviors that drive continuous innovation.
Here are the behaviors that he laid out:
- Avoid the assumption that current gifts will keep on giving.
- Be alert to “weak signals” of non-linear shifts and trends.
- Create the future as a day-to-day business process.
- Sponsor experiments and measure like new investments.
- Constantly build new skills to be resilient in the face of change.
- Invest more energy in the “horse you can control.”
Need help figuring out how to tap into innovation? Sign up for an ACS Leadership Development System® course Fostering Innovation. Gain the understanding and tools to help you tap into your innovation style and learn how to stimulate innovative thinking among team members and colleagues. Visit our website to sign up today.