As a leader, it is important to maintain your identity and momentum in order to live out your vision and lead a pack that believes in you.
According to Entrepreneur.com, “here are five steps to make sure you don’t allow the marketplace, and what others want you to be, dictate your career destiny.”
1. Don’t let negativity disrupt your goals
2. Avoid those who are envious
3. Surround yourself with those that have your back
4. Don’t be misguided by an ignorant mindset
5. Work smarter and harder than everyone else
In addition to these steps, we encourage you to take advantage of ACS Career Pathways, a program dedicated to helping budding and career chemists determine which career path is best for chemical professionals: Industry, Higher Education, Government, or Working for Yourself. Learn more about ACS Career Pathways.