Co-sponsored by ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering in partnership with the ACS Division of Industrial & Engineering Chemistry
Nomination Deadline: August 1, 2016
The inaugural ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering Lectureship awards will recognize and honor the contributions of three early career investigators from around the world who are doing exceptional research that impacts sustainability, green chemistry, or green engineering. The awards are intended to be global in scope, reflecting the global author base and readership of ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering. One recipient will be chosen from each of the following three regions: The Americas, Europe/Middle East/Africa, and Asia/Pacific.
The first ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering Lectureship awards will be presented in a special symposium session of the ACS Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Division at the 253rd ACS National Meeting in San Francisco, CA (April 2‐6, 2017) to honor the recipients. The Lectureship award winners will each receive an award plaque, $1,000 USD honorarium, and assistance with travel and lodging costs. Nomination Eligibility:
1) Nominees are eligible for one of the three awards based on:
a. The affiliation with a geographical region of their current home scientific institution:
(1) The Americas;
(2) Europe, the Middle East or Africa;
(3) Asia or the Pacific.
b. Being 10 years or less from initial academic appointment (for faculty members); or being 10 years or less from last professional training (e.g., Ph.D. or postdoc) for industrial and other nonacademic scientists.
2) Preference may be given to nominees who have published at least one article in ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering and to nominees that are members of the Division.
3) Self‐nominations are permitted. Nomination Requirements:
- Name, affiliation of nominee
- Name and affiliation of nominator
- Brief statement (1‐2 pages) describing the nominee’s specific accomplishments relevant to the nomination
- List of 5 publications most relevant to the nomination
- Nominee’s current CV
- Letters of support (2 maximum in addition to the nomination letter)
- It is strongly encouraged that at least one nominator or supporting letter writer be a member of the partnering ACS Division, I&EC.
To join, click here.
The selection committee will consist of ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering editors as well as representatives from the I&EC Division.
The winners will be announced in early Fall 2016.
Nomination packages and questions regarding the lectureship should be sent to: Award.ACSSustainable@acs.org
“The Nexus Blog” is a sister publication of “The Nexus” newsletter. To sign up for the newsletter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or if you have an ACS ID, login to your email preferences and select “The Nexus” to subscribe.
To read other posts, go to Green Chemistry: The Nexus Blog home.