Contributed by Malka Doshi, Green Relations Officer, Green ChemisTree Foundation
The ACS Green Chemistry Institute is once again partnering with the Green ChemisTree Foundation, India for the 5th Industrial Green Chemistry World (IGCW-2017) Convention and Ecosystem, scheduled on October 5-6, 2017 in Mumbai, India.
The IGCW Convention series is uniquely designed around the central theme of Profitability from Industrial Green Chemistry and Engineering. Since 2009, four biennial IGCW Conventions have seen a growing number of industry stakeholders of both national and international repute converge in Mumbai.
The IGCW ecosystem brings together key stakeholders in the Indian chemical industry – including senior government officials, chief decision-makers from industry, green chemistry and engineering experts, solution-providers, and research organizations – on a common platform with a single agenda to accelerate the implementation of green chemistry and engineering practices in India.
The 5th IGCW-2017 marks the completion of the “GC&E Awareness phase” in India and propels the start of the “GC&E Implementation phase.” In this broader context, IGCW-2017 has expanded its scope and structure to incorporate subject-specific themes across the two-day convention that will be explored during the nine following concurrent events:
- The IGCW Symposium showcases the IGCW Convention & Ecosystem’s mission by bringing together the world’s best industrial practices and success stories on green chemistry and engineering.
- The SERB-IGCW Awards collaborate with the Department of Science & Technology of the Government of India to highlight outstanding initiatives in green chemistry and engineering launched by industry, start–ups, and the knowledge community.
- The IGCW-EXPO will bring together 40+ technology providers from all over the globe that offer green chemistry and engineering solutions needs of the Indian chemical industry.
- The IGCW-PCB Conference will feature talks by senior representatives of the State and Central Pollution Control Boards to explore their roles in the implementation of green chemistry and engineering practices to facilitate pollution prevention.
- The IGCW-FSC Flow Chemistry Workshop seeks to expand awareness and understanding of flow chemistry technologies and their applications.
- IGCW-GC&E Emerging Tools & Technologies is integrated into the IGCW ecosystem with the objective to provide a platform for participating companies to gain a first-hand understanding of emerging tools and technologies with respect to their green chemistry and engineering applications.
- The ACS GCI Pharmaceutical Roundtable (GCIPR) Workshop on Solvent & Reagent Selection Guide will be conducted by experts from the ACS GCI Pharmaceutical Roundtable (GCIPR), focused on accessing the solvent and reagent selection guide and other green chemistry and engineering tools as developed and used by GCIPR member companies.
- The IGCW 1800 seminars are subject-specific seminars on relevant topics related to the industrialization of green chemistry and engineering applications. The selected topics are: Green Processes, Green Catalysts, Green Solvents & Green Engineering.
- The IGCW CSIR Industry Workshops will connect the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) Lab’s green-chemistry-and-engineering-related projects to senior representatives in the chemical industry. CSIR scientists will share success stories, present potential collaborative models, and showcase subject-specific competencies.
For more details on IGCW-2017, or to learn how you can get involved, please email email@example.com.
“The Nexus Blog” is a sister publication of “The Nexus” newsletter. To sign up for the newsletter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or if you have an ACS ID, login to your email preferences and select “The Nexus” to subscribe.
To read other posts, go to Green Chemistry: The Nexus Blog home.