Creating Content via Email
There might be times when you want to post content to the Network but you are away from your computer. You can actually post content directly to the Network via email. It’s easy – all you have to do is send an email to an address associated with that particular place and content type from the email address that is associated with your account. The Subject line of the email becomes the title of the document or discussion and the body of the email becomes the body of the discussion, document, or blog post.
Listed below are examples email addresses for creating content. Alternatively, you may look in any forum or group for a link in the Actions box entitled “Create by email”. It should bring up a box that has links for that particular place. NOTE: There is a bug when the Recent Content widget is in the center column of the home page and the Create Content link in the Actions box does not work. You may still create content using the email addresses described below.
Personal content (associated with you and not a particular place):
- Status updates: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal Blog : email@example.com
- Bookmarks: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Documents: email@example.com
- Private Discussions:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Videos: email@example.com
For forums that have a URL structure of https://communities.acs.org/community/forum_name
- Documents: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Discussions: email@example.com
- Blogposts: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Videos: email@example.com
If the URL of the forum has multiple levels, i.e. it is a subforum and the URL is http://communities.acs.org/community/forum/subforum/
the forum_name becomes "forum-subforum" and the email address becomes firstname.lastname@example.org.
Example: Paying It Forward Forum - https://communities.acs.org/community/profession/paying_it_forward
To start a discussion: email@example.com
If the forum URL is hyphenated, an extra hypen is added between the two words in the URL that are hyphenated.
Example : Chemical Entrepeneurs https://communities.acs.org/community/profession/chemical-entrepreneurs
To start a discussion: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Documents: email@example.com
- Discussions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog posts: email@example.com
- Idea: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Videos: email@example.com
Where group_name is the group name as defined in the URL. (
https://communities.acs.org/groups/group_name). Hyphenated group names follow the convention described for forums wiht hyphenated names.