This assumes that you have already created and ACS ID, the username and password you use to log onto www.acs.org, pubs.acs.org and various ACS systems. You do not need to be an ACS member to get an ACS ID, and if you don't have one already, you can use this online form.
If you already have an ACS ID and want to opt into the ACS Network, here is the best way to do this:
- Go to www.acs.org and login from there:
- Once logged in, click on Show Account Details:
- This should open a menu and if you are not opted into the Network, you should see "Join the ACS Network". Click on it to access the Opt-in page. If you see "Acess the ACS Network" instead of "Join the ACS Network", you may already be opted in and can use this link to go to the ACS Network Homepage (skip to bullet 5).
- Complete the Opt-in Page, i.e. select the check box then hit Opt-in to complete.
5. You should then be taken to the ACS Network home page and you should be logged in.
For most users, this should work fine.
On occasion, some users will still see "Welcome, Guest" on the ACS Network, even though they are logged in on www.acs.org, and they see "Access the ACS Network" under their account details. The accounts need to be resynched and the easiest way to do this is as follows.
Go back to Show Account Details on www.acs.org (see bullet 3 above). Select Edit My Profile .
Unselect the Box for the Network and select OK to save.
Return to "Show Account Details" and Select "Join the ACS Network" (see bullet 3 above) and continue from there.
If this doesn't help, contact us directly at ACSNetworkFeedback@acs.org.