These online tools and resources may be helpful to you and other volunteers in your local section interested in working with social media.
Social Media Management Tools
- Buffer (Free and Paid) - bufferapp.com
An app for managing multiple Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn accounts. Users can schedule posts in advance and received analytics for their channels.
- Google Alerts (Free) - www.google.com/alerts
E-mail or RSS updates of the latest relevant Google results (web, news, etc.) based on your queries.
- HootSuite (Free and Paid) - hootsuite.com
Tool that allows teams to collaborate on multiple social networks (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and more). Includes scheduling and analytics.
- TweetDeck (Free) - tweetdeck.twitter.com
App for managing Twitter accounts. Formerly allowed managing multiple platforms but has since been acquired by Twitter and focuses solely on that network.
ACS Network and ACS Social Media
- ACS Network Toolkit for Local Sections - www.acs.org/ls-network-kit
Explains features of the ACS Network that are most of interest to those conducting business for an ACS local section, including groups, discussions, event planning and promotion, communication, and award or grant selection.
- Volunteer Support & Engagement Group - communities.acs.org/groups/vse
ACS Network open group for local section and technical division resources and ideas and exchange best practices.
- ACS Local Section Social Media - communities.acs.org/docs/DOC-11856
List of social media presences for ACS local sections. Good resource to see how other sections are using these tools. If your section’s accounts aren’t listed let us know!
- ACS Social Media - www.acs.org/social
List of social presences for ACS, including ACS-run and commercial platforms, blogs, and RSS feeds and e-newsletters.
General Social Media Resources
Some recommended websites/blogs for keeping up with trends in social media or learning more about applications of tools: