Angus H. Day
723 Laporte Ave., Fort Collins, CO 80521
- Preparatory chemistry for the purposes of synthesis/metathesis.
- Extensive experience in separation techniques to isolate compounds.
- HPLC, Prep-scale chromatography, DNA synthesis, Ultra and dia-filtration, lyophilization.
- UV-Visible Spectroscopy, 1H NMR, IR Spectroscopy, ESI/MS, TGA, XPS, XRD, SEM, Cyclic-voltammetry.
- Power Point.
- EVA XRD analysis package.
- Varian NMR analysis package.
- Proficient at conveying and presenting data, both written and oral.
- Fluent in written and oral Spanish.
- Received Undergraduate Outreach Award in the Spring of 2009 for assisting Chemistry Club presentations at local elementary schools.
Colorado State University Research, Fort Collins, CO
Prieto Research Group – Development of templates for experimental Lithium ion battery, Sep 09 - present.
Robert Herrick – Electrochemical atomic layer deposition of metal oxides to produce thin layer semiconductors, Sep 09 - present.
Crans Research Group – Liquid-liquid ion exchange of surfactants for drug transport/kinetics research, Jan 08 – May 09.
Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO- BS Chemistry
University of Maryland, College Park, MD- BS Agricultural Resource and Economics.
Prince George Community College, Largo, MD- AS Computer Science.
Present Manufacturing Chemist, Agilent Technologies, Inc. NASD
2009 – August 2010 Process development chemist, Volt Staffing contracted to Agilent Technologies Nucleic Acids Division Boulder, CO.
2004 – 2007 Crop Insurance Adjuster, Rural Community Insurance Services.
1991 – 2004 Swine Farm Manager, Murphy-Brown of Yuma, Yuma, CO;
Hershey Equipment Co., Lancaster, PA;
Carroll’s Foods of Virginia, Waverly, VA.
1982 – 1991 Infantry Officer, United States Army – Honorable Discharge