ACS Puget Sound Section Executive Offices
- Call for Nominations -
The ACS Puget Sound Section is calling for nominations for its Executive Committee officers for positions starting in January 2020. We have five positions up for election. A brief description of the duties of each position is provided below. Please note that attendance at Executive Committee meetings is a responsibility for all positions.
(1 Year Term per Position – One open position for 2020 - 2022)
This is a three year commitment serving one year each as Chair-Elect, Chair, and Past-Chair. The duties vary slightly with each position.
- attends Executive Committee meetings and facilitates meetings in the chair's absence
- heads the program committee
- attends the Leadership Institute training sponsored by ACS
- prepares agenda and leads monthly Executive Committee meetings
- appoints committee chairs
- ensures timely completion of business tasks
- attends Executive Committee meetings
- provides support to the Chair, Chair-Elect, and the Executive Committee
- completes annual report for previous year
- leads the Nominating Committee
Secretary (1 Year Term – One open position for 2020)
The Secretary’s primary duties include
- taking and distributing notes at Executive Committee meetings
- creating and managing the election ballot and working with election Tellers to validate election results
- submitting the election results and committee nominations to the national office.
Treasurer (1 Year Term – One open position for 2020)
The Treasurer’s primary duties include
- preparing a monthly budget and managing the section's accounts
- managing cash inflows and outflows
- working with the finance committee to review the section's finances and prepare the annual budget
- completing the financial section of the annual report.
Councilor Position 3 (3 Year Term – One open position for 2020-2022)
The Councilor’s primary duties include
- representing the section at the two National meetings and serving on national committees
- advising the chair, the Executive Committee, and other committee chairs
- volunteering or be assigned to serve on section committees and subcommittees
Alternate Councilor Position 3 (3 Year Term – One open position for 2020 -2022)
The Alternate Councilor’s primary duties include
- fulfilling the role of a councilor when the councilor is not available
- attending the regional NORM meeting
- volunteering or be assigned to serve on section committees and subcommittees.
Nominations and Elections Timeline
Call for nominations April 1st – August 31st
Voting (mail and online) ~September 16th – October 7th
Election Validated By October 14th
Leonard J. Andrews, Nominations Committee Chair
Nominations or questions?
Send your nominations and /or submit any questions using this form:
ACS PSS Election Nominations and Comments Form