2019 Student Travel Awards
We are pleased to announce that the Geochemistry Division will be awarding up to three Student Travel Awards for the Fall 2019 ACS National Meeting in San Diego, CA to be held from August 25th - 29th, 2019.
- The Geochemistry Division will pay for the awardees’ registration at the student ACS member rate.
Awardees will be given an extended time allocation for the oral presentation (30 minutes instead of regular 20 minutes for contributed talks).
- Up to five awards will be made based on the quality of the applications.
- Abstracts will be judged based on the impact on the field of geochemistry, technical approach, quality and clarity of writing, and the relevance of the abstract to both session and national meeting themes.
- Award winners will be announced by May 31st, 2019.
When to apply?
Applications can be submitted anytime during the abstract submission period, which ends on March 18th, 2019.
Who can apply?
- The award is limited to undergraduate and graduate students presenting in GEOC sessions
- Applicants must have already submitted a regular abstract to MAPS for the meeting.
- The applicant must be the presenting author.
- Only one application per presenting author will be considered.
How to apply?
After submitting your regular abstract to the ACS’s Meeting Abstract Programming System (MAPS http://maps.acs.org) by the March 18th deadline, submit a separate, extended abstract to the GEOC Program Chair at email@example.com and include your submitted abstract number in your email.
Extended abstracts should not exceed one page (use at least 11-pt font, single-line spacing, and 1-inch margins) and may contain tables and figures.
Extended abstracts should be received no later than March 18th, 2019.
Questions about the awards should be directed to Ashaki Rouff, firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous Award Winners (Spring 2017)
Congratulations to our Geochemistry Student Travel Award Winners at the 253rd ACS Meeting in San Francisco, April 2-6, 2016:
Joey Nelson (Best Talk)
Kyeong Phil Kong
Previous Award Winners (Fall 2016)
Congratulations to our Geochemistry Student Travel Award Winners at the 252nd ACS Meeting in Philadelphia:
Paul E. Ohno
Florence T. Ling
Previous Award Winners (Spring 2016)
Elaine D. Flynn
Effects of oxalate on Ni adsorption and repartitioning during Fe(II)-promoted iron oxide recrystallization
Interfacial interactions between cations and plagioclase under conditions relevant to subsurface CO2 injection
Morphological and thermodynamic changes in goethite during Fe(II)-catalyzed recrystallization
Influence of biological interfaces on nucleation pathways and kinetics of calcium phosphate minerals
Asynchronous mobilization of iron and organic carbon from hematite-humic acid complexes during abiotic iron reduction
Previous Award Winners (Fall 2015)
Congratulations to our Geochemistry Student Travel Award Winners at the 250th ACS Meeting in Boston, August 16-20, 2015:
Jacquelyn Bracco, Wright State University
Erika Callagon, University of Illinois-Chicago
Rajesh Singh, University of Miami