2300 Lowndes Grove Drive Apt 107
Raleigh, NC, 27616
Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University, Blacksburg, VA, 2006-2010
- Bachelor of Science, Chemistry,
- Biology Minor
Catalent Pharma Solutions, Morrisville, NC 03/2012 – Present.
(contractor with Lab Support)
Hospira Inc., Rocky Mount, NC, 09/2010 – 03/2012
- Laboratory Associate in Product Ventures Group.
- Generate dissolution and UV data for ANDAs.
- Upkeep laboratory cleanliness and order supplies as needed.
(Kelly Scientific Resources 09/2010-06/2011; Permanent 06/2011 – 03/2012)
- Lab Analyst at Hospira Inc. in the chemical quality laboratory.
- Perform lab duties following FDA regulations (cGMP).
- Final Product HPLC testing following 200+ different standard test methods (STMs) for multiple injectable drugs.
Undergraduate Research, Spring /Summer 2009
- Organic synthesis, purification and characterization of 5-ethyl-3-methyllumiflavin used in kinetic studies to help elucidate MPTP metabolism by MAO proteins. MPTP is an organic compound known to cause Parkinson’s Disease.
- Characterization included use of NMR, TLC, GC/MS, and LC/MC.
Summary of Skills
- Chemistry Skills
- Analytical and Synthetic (Organic and Inorganic) Chemistry
- GC, HPLC (Agilent 1100/1200; Waters Acquity UPLC)
- IR, NMR, and UV-Vis Spectrometry
- Balance, Isolator, Karl Fisher, Autotitrator, Polarimeter, Dissolution
- Computer skills
- Chromatography software: Empower (Waters); ChemStation (Agilent)
- LIMS, AS400, NuGenesis
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Windows, Mac OS, Linux