The Editorial Board of ICE's science journal Green Materials warmly invites you to attend to the second annual Green Materials Research Symposium, Monday, December 11, 2017 at ICE, Westminster, London.
This one-day event will provide a forum to discuss and inspire inter-disciplinary, innovative research based on reducing the use of hazardous substances in the design, manufacture and application of chemical and material products.
- Professor Filip Du Prez, Ghent University
- Etienne Grau, Université Bordeaux
- Dr. Kate Beers, NIST
- Professor Michael Cunningham, Queen’s University
Chemists, engineers and materials scientists from both research and industry are invited to register. Full ticket price: £100 Academic or Industry (£150 on day), £50 Student or Postdoc (£75 on day).
Call for oral and poster presentations
Both experts and early-career scientists (graduate students/post-doctoral researchers) are invited to contribute a presentation on their current research. Speakers may cover (but are not limited to) current findings and applications of:
- Properties and applications of functional green materials
- Environmentally benign processing and manufacturing of materials
- Sustainable materials engineering
- Synthesis, development, rheology and application of renewable and/or biodegradable polymers
- Environmentally benign methods for polymer synthesis
Contributions are particularly welcome from graduate students and post-doctoral researchers in this field. Up to five £50 bursaries are available to graduate students presenting posters or talks at this event.
To be considered, submit a 500-word abstract to https://tinyurl.com/yak2lw55, stating your preference of an oral or poster presentation. Please include title, corresponding author, email and abstract by Wednesday, September 27, 2017.
Early registration is advised as places are limited and available on a first come, first served basis. Booking links will be available soon.
When and Where
Start Time:Dec 11, 2017 8:30 AM EDT (America/New_York)
End Time:Dec 11, 2017 5:00 PM EDT (America/New_York)
Location:Institution of Civil Engineers, One Great George Street, Westminster, London SW1P 3AA
Event Visibility & Attendance Policy:Open
- ACS Green Chemistry Institute® (Owner)