East Central Illinois ACS presents the new Young Chemistry Committee, they are holding their first elections this Friday, Feb 6th, at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign in the Chemical and Life Science Laboratory, Room 133, at 5:30 pm. An email was sent to all the members of the local section with a sort notice. If anyone is interested to attend but is not available, please write an email to east.central.illinois.ACS@gmail.com or Evijola Llabani
What is YCC?
YCC is the Younger Chemist Committee. They advocate for and provide resources to students, early-career chemists and professionals in the chemical sciences and related fields. YCC also addresses specific issues facing younger chemists within ACS and serves as their voice in ACS.
Who is member?
- Every chemist under the age of 35.
Why should you join?
YCC and their partners award the following:
- CIBA award ( $1000 to travel to a national ACS meeting)
- Leadership Development Award ( All expenses covered to Leadership Development Workshop in Texas)
- Priscilla Carney Jones ( $1500 to undergraduate females)
- Supports and encourages applications: Waterman Award from NSF ($ 1,000,000)
- ChemLuminary Awards
- Other ACS Awards