Join us on Thursday, March 2nd at 5:30 p.m. at Pizza M as the ECI Local Section and the Younger Chemists Committee host the ACS Program-in-a-Box webinar on the chemistry of sports. Free pizza will be served at 5:30pm, this is a great time to get to know your fellow chemists! The webinar will start at 6pm, followed by a Q&A session.
Discover the materials that chemists are creating to enable athletes to perform better and stay safer, as well as how analytical chemistry is advancing to detect performance enhancing substances in order to keep the playing field level for everyone.
During the webinar you'll learn about:
- How Shear Thickening Fluids can be used for impact protection and concussion mitigation
- Textile Innovation within the sports performance categories
- How fiber formulation and materials innovation will make or break a brand
- How analytical science can help deter drug misuse
- How mass spectrometry provides the optimum tool for the job
- Why analytical chemists should remain vigilant and use state-of-art analytical tools to detect newly-emerged doping agents.
See you there!