The first quarter of the International Year of Chemistry is almost over! When reporting on the ACS efforts thus far for the year, we’d like to highlight the work of ACS local sections. Please post a short summary and photos (if applicable) of your first quarter IYC activity in the ACS Network Group for IYC.
Uour participation in each quarter will help the ACS to reach its goal of having 100% local section participation in IYC. Also, if you celebrate during each quarter, you can nominate your local section for the Joint LSAC/CCA IYC ChemLuminary Award that will be presented in 2012 to recognize 2011 IYC efforts.
If you have not participated in any activities to date, there is still time to celebrate the 1st quarter of IYC. Some suggestions:
- Share the 1st quarter issue of Celebrating Chemistry with your local schools. The issue can be downloaded from www.acs.org/iyc2011.
- Provide your local newspaper with chemistry-related facts that can published. Use the 365 calendar on www.acs.org/iyc2011 to find facts.
- Request IYC pins from ACS and give them to science/chemistry teachers in your community. Email email@example.com to request pins.
- Post information about the four quarters of IYC on your section’s website, ACS Network Group, Facebook or Twitter Pages. Include the IYC logo on your website.
- Highlight a woman chemist from your section on your website or in your newsletter for their research or work in the field.
- At your March local section meeting schedule some time on your agenda to celebrate IYC.
- Share water conservation tips with your section members.
Thank you in advance for celebrating with us!