By Maureen Kane
WCC Rising Star Award Symposium
Monday, April 3, 1:30 pm–3:50 pm
Monterey II, Hotel Nikko San Francisco
Cosponsored by BIOL, ENFL, PRES
The Rising Star Award was established in 2011 to help promote retention of women in science. It recognizes exceptional early‐ to midcareer women chemists across all areas of chemistry on a national level.
The 2017 recipients will highlight their work at this award symposium:
- Rebecca Abergel, Ph.D. ‐ Staﬀ Scientist in the Chemical Sciences Division; Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Yimon Aye, Ph.D. ‐ Assistant Professor of Chemistry & Chemical Biology; Cornell University
- Erin S. Baker, Ph.D. ‐ Senior Research Scientist IV in the Biological Sciences; Division, Earth & Biological Sciences Directorate, Paciﬁc Northwest National Laboratory
- Erin E. Carlson, Ph.D. ‐ Associate Professor of Chemistry; University of Minnesota ‐ Twin Cities
- Beata A. Kilos, Ph.D. ‐ Associate Research Scientist in Core R&D, Inorganic Materials and Heterogeneous Catalysis; The Dow Chemical Company (Midland, MI)
- Ah‐Hyung (Alissa) Park, Ph.D. ‐ Associate Professor of Earth and Environmental Engineering & Chemical Engineering; Columbia University
Selection as a Rising Star is a distinct honor of professional accomplishment within this leading organization of chemists.