If you wake up one morning and find your muscle and knee joints stiff, and these symptoms even keeps for days in a row, then watch out: you may have got a disease called Rheumatoid Arthritis (or RA). This disease is horrible as it may lead to frequently joints warmness, redness, swollenness, pain and tenderness. Other symptoms may include:… Show more
Synthesis of chemicals is a common occurrence in the lab, but can anyone list here all the types of chemical synthesis? Thanks!
PLA from PolySciTech used in development of nanoparticle-based triple-negative breast cancer therapy
Most forms of breast cancer respond well to conventional therapies, such as doxorubicin. There is, however, a specific type of breast cancer that is referred to as ‘triple-negative’ (named this because it does not have receptors for estrogen, progesterone, or HER2) breast cancer. It is highly resistant to conventional chemotherapy and very… Show more
PLGA and PLGA-rhodamine from PolySciTech used in study on chemotherapeutic delivery by nanoparticles
For conventional, loose-drug, chemotherapy, less than 1% of the injected medicine actually makes it to the tumor site. The clinical method for solving this problem has been to inject massive doses of chemotherapeutic agents to the patient, in the hopes that at least some of the medicine makes it to the tumor. This is not a good solution to this… Show more
In my lab, I am working with solutions in toluene, injecting through filters with glass syringes that make it difficult to avoid prolonged contact with the solvent. Both nitrile gloves and ethylene gloves, which are stocked in the lab, are permeated by toluene after perhaps 30 seconds to 1 minute of contact. I am looking for advice on… Show more
- Christine Brennan Schmidt likes Semora Smith's discussion The Newsletter for Senior Chemists - May 2017
- Milton Levenberg likes Lynn Hartshorn's reply Re: Are universities educating too many or too few chemistry students?
- Josh Kurutz likes Kali Serrano's document GLRB Minutes 2017 June.pdf
- Jaime Eduardo Avila likes ACS Green Chemistry Institute®'s blog post DOZN™ – A Quantitative Green Chemistry Evaluator
- Joseph Sabol likes Lydia Hines's comment Attending Michigan Chemistry Council, 50th Annual Meeting, Lansing MI, October 17, 2017.
Dear Group Members, Here's the May 2017 issue of The Newsletter for Senior Chemists. We hope you will enjoy this issue. Please share your thoughts at firstname.lastname@example.org. Have a wonderful day! ACS Senior Chemists Committee Editorial Team
Load more items