Overview & Challenge
Monoclonal antibody technology is crucial in the scientific research of biotechnology, playing an indispensable role in the structure and function of genes and proteins, which keeps irreplaceable in the immunological diagnosis of human beings, animals and plants. The following is the introduction to the preparation techniques of monoclonal antibodies, including Hybridoma Technology and Phage Display Library Construction with broad application prospects in clinical medicine and disease diagnosis and treatment.
Latest technological updates
1. Traditional Methods
- Chimeric Monoclonal antibody
- CDR antibody transplantation—obtained antibodies have high human affinity as 95%
- Humanizing the amino acid residues on the 3-dimensional surface of the antibody, so as to humanize the space surface of the variable region fragment
1.1 Hybridoma Services from Creative Biolabs
Hybridoma technology, a frequently-adopted method for the large-scale production of monoclonal antibodies that derive from the fusion of specific antibody-producing B lymphoblast with myeloma, takes the forming of the hybrid cell line as the key part. The Hyperdoma™platform from Creative Biolabs is a high-throughput hybridoma generation platform that integrates with the abreast of the art technologies to ensure one-stop monoclonal antibody production from global clients.
Involved solutions: Magic™ Human Antibody Production, DNA Immunization-based Hybridoma Production Service, Custom Antibody Production Services, Native™ Antibody Discovery Services, etc.
Antigen Preparation—either purified antigen or the provided in silico sequence operable (to generate soluble proteins and peptides)
Immunization—can be customized by comprehensive strategies (DNA immunization, and whole cell immunization, etc.)
Hybridoma Generation and Screening—diversified tests adopted for hybridoma screening (ELISA, IHC, immunoblotting, etc.)
Antibody Production and Purification—standardized animals inoculation before large-scale production
- High specificity, high affinity, and high accuracy
- Diverse species selection (mouse hybridoma, rat hybridoma, hamster hybridoma, guinea pig hybridoma, and gene-inactivated mice hybridoma)
- Enable the recognization of subtle changes (post-translational modifications)
- Generation of large panels of bioactive antibodies
- Comprehensive functional testing available
- Novel epitope recognition
- Excellent IHC results with formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue
- Excellent results for difficult antigens
- High-throughput screening platform available
2. Phage Display Technology
Phage antibody library technology and ribosome display technology are the main approaches of antibody library screening technology. Phage antibody library technology is the most mature and widely adopted antibody library technology so far that is based on the ability of phage shell to express antibody protein fragments. The basic principle of this technology is to clone a complete set of genes of variable region of human antibody by genetic engineering technology, then insert the cloned genes into the gene encoding capsid protein of bacteriophage, and establish a library of bacteriophage antibody, so that the foreign molecule can be displayed on the surface of bacteriophage.
2.1 Phage Display &Antibody Library Construction
Phage display, now recognized as one of the most powerful and widely applied laboratory techniques for the study of protein-protein, protein-peptide and protein-DNA interactions, mainly works on the basis of displaying the interest protein (peptides, antibodies, scaffolds or others) on employing phage surface. Then it is adopted to interrogate the constructed libraries containing numerous displayed phages. Phage display is theoretically an exogenous gene expression method. The interest protein is inserted into bacteriophage coat protein gene, and then displaying the interest protein on the phage surfaces, resulting in genotype-phenotype connection. Creative Biolabs is capable of customizing the most appropriate phage display system (M13, T4 or T7) to meet customers’ demands based upon the advanced technological platforms and experienced scientists.
- Immune, naïve or synthetic library construction
- Pre-made library screening
- Large library capacity: 107to over 1012
- High affinity:10-7 to 10-9
- Various phage display systems (M13, T4, T7)
- Tailored biopanning strategies
- Comprehensive QC validation
Application on Tumor
The advent of anti-cancer monoclonal antibodies and anti-cancer multi-target small molecule drugs opens up a broader prospect for anti-cancer molecular targeted therapy. With the help of phage display technology, cancer cells can be accurately classified at the level of gene structure and expression to guide individualized targeted therapy.
Creative Biolabs (https://www.creative-biolabs.com/), the leading custom solution provider with extensive experience in various antibody production and engineering fields, provides portfolio cover mouse and rat monoclonal antibody production using hybridoma technology, human, monkey, rabbit, chicken, dog, llama and camel monoclonal antibody production using various antibody library technologies (including phage display, bacterial display and yeast display).