Principal Scientist – Solid-State Chemistry
My new client (confidential) is an advanced materials discovery company currently focused on solving a high-impact problem in LEDs. We operate in a $1.2 billion market, and are developing a product anticipated to hit annual revenues of $200-$300 million. The company is a well-funded startup having raised substantial grant and seed equity capital, and is in the process of relocating from the West Coast to Kentucky.
This company has exclusively retained me to fill an opening for an experienced, creative, and team-oriented scientist to join our team at our Lexington, KY lab. The successful candidate has a PhD with experience in crystal growth (preferably with expertise in oxychalcogenide, chalcogenide, pnictide chemistry) with at least 2-5 years of experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop novel materials pursuant to the company’s R&D goals
- Structure experimental approaches, set and consistently hit deadlines
- Operate as part of a collaborative research team in a fun, fast-paced environment
- Contribute or lead research projects to build “proof of concept” demos
- As necessary, identify, initiate and maintain academic relationships with key experts in order to expedite materials development
- Maintain and contribute to a safe and clean working environment
- Perform additional tasks and responsibilities as necessary
- Ph.D. in chemistry, materials science, or related field with 2-5 years post-graduate experience
- Strong solid-state chemistry background growing single crystals using various techniques (e.g. flux method, Bridgman-Stockbarger technique, Czochralski method, etc.)
- Non-oxide synthetic expertise is a must (e.g. chalcogenide, pnictide, oxychalcogenide, etc.)
- Industrial research experience with demonstrated accomplishments and innovations preferred; consideration will also be given to strong candidates with academic-oriented background
- Familiarity with standard characterization methods (e.g. UV/Vis spectroscopy, XRD, XPS, SEM/EDX, TEM, etc.)
- A highly analytical, structured, and organized scientific approach
- An inherent ability to build and sustain team relationships
- A team player and self-starter will flourish in this role
The company provides competitive salaries, stock options, and health benefits to employees and their families. The company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
If you are interested in one of these outstanding opportunities, please send me a resume. Random resume submissions are always welcome, too. Referrals and recommendations are greatly appreciated.
Wingate Dunross, Inc.
ph (818)597-3200 ext. 211