cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chermathews
New Contributor II

Please Introduce yourself!

Online Job Club participants, please introduce yourselves. Just reply to this post.

Thanks!

Cheryl

ACS Careers

0 Kudos
15 Replies
chipasogo
New Contributor

Re: Please Introduce yourself!

Thank you

0 Kudos
LisaBalbes
New Contributor III

I've been a consultant for 20 years, so I'm always looking for my next job.  Looking forward to sharing tips and experiences with other members. 

0 Kudos
jayshreepatel83
New Contributor

Hi, This is Jayshree Patel.  I have a MS in chemistry and 5 years of pharmaceutical experience in analytical chemistry.  I recently moved to greater Boston, MA area and looking for a career opportunity here. 

0 Kudos
Previous Community Member
Not applicable

Hi. Thanks for a great call this afternoon! My name is Barclay Satterfield. I have a PhD in Chemical Engineering (polymer structure-property relationships, membrane fuel cells, experiment design). After graduation I was a Science Policy Fellow for ACS and then transitioned into consulting, doing environmental life cycle analysis (LCA).

I was recently laid off and am looking to move into industry, possibly staying in the sub-field of LCA, but maybe also polymers or fuel cells.  I am currently in Boston but I am able to relocate, preferably closer to the mid-Atlantic. Looking forward to meeting all of you and getting a lot out of this group.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
slh657
New Contributor

Hi. My name is Steve Hoenig and I have what I think is a diverse background. My main field has been in analytical chemistry, but have experience in several different areas that include forensics, chemical warfare and teaching.

I would like to find a full time opportunity that will be stable and long-term. I am open to the what it might be as along as it's in the chemistry field.

0 Kudos
chipasogo
New Contributor

Paschal is a chartered Chemist with the institute of chartered Chemist of Nigeria (ICCON)

with about four (4) years relevant experience in analytical, Quality Control and general laboratory management in the oil and gas industry. Apart from his strong academic background in Chemistry, his exposure in the industry, training and professional
associations have made him poised to face more challenges in Laboratory quality
Control and management. He operates with the requirement of ISO 9001: 2008 and
very familiar with the requirements and implementation of ISO 17025 as per
Laboratory Testing and Calibration.

His membership of international professional bodies like; American Chemical Society
(ACS) as well as local professional bodies like; Institute of Chartered Chemist
of Nigeria (ICCON) and Chemical Society of Nigeria (CSN) have given him wider
view as well as abrazed with current happenings in testing and Chemical world.

His experience in hand-on/monitoring of sampling, sample handling, pretreatment,
laboratory analysis/data generation and reporting/data interpretation has made him to conclude that 90% laboratory result accuracy depends on the analyst. This is his judgment.  

0 Kudos
jcardoza4
New Contributor

Hello.  I have a Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry and 5 years of postdoctoral research experience in mass spectrometry - based proteomics and cancer biology.  My post-doc was a bit of a departure from my graduate work, which was in time-resolved photoelectron spectroscopy and time-of-flight mass spectrometry, but it was a good introduction to gas-phase ion chemistry.  I currently live in Southeastern Massachusetts and would like to find a full-time position in that area or in Rhode Island.  I've been looking predominantly in biomedical research and biotechnology companies, given my postdoctoral research experience, but I'm considering what my other options might be.

0 Kudos
azam423
New Contributor

Hi, my name is Shafiul Azam and I'm finishing final year of my PhD in chemistry at university of Alberta, where I've been working in a multidisciplinary research laboratory. My research has been focused on physical and analytical geochemistry, but have experience in several different areas that include surface and organic synthesis, wastewater analysis/treatment, nanoparticle and polymer. Currently I'm looking for a full time challenging research position. I've been living in Edmonton, Alberta for about five years and I have no problem in relocating myself once I get a good job. Thank you!

0 Kudos
chinofu
New Contributor

HI,

My name is Anyanti Benedicta, I have a bachelors in Chemistry and also a masters in business administration. I have about 1/12 years of laboratory experience in oil and gas  and currently looking to pursue a masters in environmental science ( sub plan in  Chemistry. In the meantime, I am looking for job opportunities to launch me into developing advanced skills and experience in oil and gas, environmental health and safety  and sustainability.

0 Kudos