cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
acs-guest
New Contributor III

ChemLuminary Awards

This discussion has been automatically generated for the 13th Annual ChemLuminary Awards Celebration.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
dmhall
New Contributor

Re: ChemLuminary Awards

This is very helpful and informative! Is it possible to create these back to the beginning of the ChemLuminary Awards for a complete history?

Deanna Morrow Hall

2012 Past-Chair, Georgia Section

0 Kudos
dorisilewis
New Contributor II

I second Deanna's request!

Doris Lewis

Councilor, Northeastern Section

0 Kudos
Board
New Contributor

I also would like the complete history. I just sent an email to the suggested address (chemluminary@acs.org) to request the names and descriptions for the year 2001. The email was returned with

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<chemluminary@acs.org>:

Remote host said: 554 Denied (Mode: normal)

Guess I'll need to call ACS for results.

Marilyn G

0 Kudos
Lesmcquire
New Contributor

Is there actually a list of the Chemluminary awards and a description of what they are for (rather than a list of who won them and what they did)?

0 Kudos
LisaBalbes
New Contributor III

I think that info is on the local section annual report form (there's at least a list of local section ChemLuminaries, adn I think it has descriptions). I'd assume the Divisional ones are on the division annual report form. I've never seen a list on the web.

0 Kudos
MichaelineChen
New Contributor

Hi Les:

I did not know that you created ChemLuminary Award by Les McQuire

<https://communities.acs.org/people/mcquile1> in Your Society - View the

full <https://communities.acs.org/message/12829#12829> discussion You have

done a great job. Congratulations!!!

To be honorst with you, I like the Network system, but, just don't like to

use it myself.

Michaeline

0 Kudos
BryanBalazs
Contributor II

Les,

I'm not aware of such a list.  I do have a smattering of ChemLuminary descriptions for the awards that I've been involved with (either as a committee member or a local section), but I don't have a comprehensive list.  As Lisa noted, the FORMS system for annual report subscription does have this information when you get to the point of submitting an event or program for a ChemLuminary, but that's a rather cumbersome way to address your question.

If someone has a list of the ChemLuminary Awards and their descriptions (Word document or pdf or the like), that would be great.

Bryan

0 Kudos