cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jillyo4reallyo
New Contributor

Fabreze to fight COVID-19?

I am not a scientist/ chemist by any means. Did well in the classes in college but its been a while, so I know this question will come across as cheesy or even childish.

The product of Fabreze: It advertises itself as a bad smell eliminator and from what I understand, there is a component in its ingredients that "wraps around" bad odor causing germs/ molecules and smothers them out. Why isn't this product as beneficial as something like Lysol... AND/ OR during this COVID-19 crisis, is there a product on the market that uses the principle of what Lysol does, merged with how Fabreze "wraps around to smother out" bad smells? I hope all of that makes sense and someone more knowledgeable than I am can see where I'm going. (And yes, more inquiring minds, other than my own, want to know). 

Thank You!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
davidshobe
New Contributor II

Re: Fabreze to fight COVID-19?

Unfortunately, I don't think Febreze would be effective against viruses.

Febreze works by providing molecule-sized "containers" for the odor molecules. Viruses are much larger, and would not fit in the "containers".

There is a (long but searchable) list of cleaning products that the EPA says are likely to be effective against COVID-19 here: List N: Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2 | Pesticide Registration | US EPA .  Febreze is not on the list.

0 Kudos