cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
walid_mht1
New Contributor

How can I begin learning computational chemistry?

I am second year pharmacy undergraduate, currently studying biochemistry to understand the biological pathways and protiens. I want to learn how to do simulations especially with drugs binding to protiens and mechanisms of pore channels. So, from where do I need to begin from to have good basics?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jhbrown
New Contributor III

Re: How can I begin learning computational chemistry?

Hi walidth1 Tarek,

You could join a research group at your university that specializes in computational chemistry. If research is not required for your major, see your Academic Advisor to determine if you can can signup for research as an elective. Another possibility is to apply for a summer internship in a computational chemistry group. Universities that conduct research will advertise summer internships when available. See your Department Chair or go online and look at university websites for internship applications. 

Best regards, 

Dr. Jay Brown

0 Kudos
walid_mht1
New Contributor

I don't think there is any available group that happen to train onc omputational chemistry at my univeristy. If there is any summer intern or know any university that can teach me the basics, I would appreciate it.

Thanks for replying, Dr. Jay

0 Kudos
jhbrown
New Contributor III

Perhaps talk to a Physical Chemist at your University. Even if they don’t work in the field of Computational Chemistry, they may know someone who does.