cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tcg527
New Contributor

UCF Marketing Student - Chemistry-Related Question for Project!

Hi everyone! For starters, I do not have a chemistry-related background (so bear with me haha). I am a Marketing student at UCF and am currently working on a Product Management project. My group wants to "create" a hand sanitizer product. Specifically, hand sanitizing strips (thin sheets), that turn into hand sanitizer when you rub the sheet between your hands.

Does anyone know if this COULD be possible? Can the alcohol-based sheet, turn to a liquid, or breakdown, using the friction heat of your hands?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
scooke
Contributor III

Re: UCF Marketing Student - Chemistry-Related Question for Project!

For the purposes of a theoretical marketing plan development, it doesn't really matter.  You can make whatever assumptions you might like. In reality, you would need to know quite a bit more about the process than simply whether it is even possible or not.

Best regards,

Steven

0 Kudos
gebbasa2
New Contributor

Re: UCF Marketing Student - Chemistry-Related Question for Project!

The key to achieving this would be selecting or formulating chemicals that can undergo a change in state from solid to liquid or from a dry form to a liquid form when activated by friction or heat. Alcohol-based hand sanitizers typically contain a high percentage of alcohol as the active ingredient. Creating a stable and effective hand sanitizer product involves overcoming challenges related to the right combination of ingredients, stability, shelf-life, safety, and usability. Ensuring that the reaction occurs consistently and reliably with hand rubbing could be challenging.

0 Kudos