cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dinomane2005
New Contributor

plz respond

Jump to solution

is this place fake? nobody in the past 2 weeks has gotten a reply.Steven CookeLuke Vanderhart

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scooke
Contributor III

Re: plz respond

Jump to solution

Dear Ethan,

While the ACS does want to be the first place people go for chemical information, this forum is entirely voluntary and only accessed by chemists interested and capable of being helpful.  There is no regular staff, hours or expertise.  It is more of an open message board.  Therefore, some questions may go unanswered simply because no one "pops in" who really knows enough about a question to be particularly helpful.  Others may be unclear.  Even the ones that get answered may take a week for someone to reply.

So, while I also would like to see more of my colleagues actively participating here, that may or may not happen depending on the visibility this site has to ACS Membership and on the current interests of those members.  The ACS DOES offer other information and resources to the public through its main website.  Some of those may also provide very useful answers to your questions.

Of course, despite the organization's preference to be the primary source of accurate chemical information, it doesn't mean that it is the only place to look.  There are very many reliable and reputable sources for chemical information online.

With that background, is there a particular question about chemsitry or chemicals that you have in mind?

Best regards,

Steven

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Kenpoggenburg
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

I have seen several replies posted on this site. Are you sure they're not going to your spam box:?

Ken Poggenburg

0 Kudos
scooke
Contributor III

Jump to solution

Dear Ethan,

While the ACS does want to be the first place people go for chemical information, this forum is entirely voluntary and only accessed by chemists interested and capable of being helpful.  There is no regular staff, hours or expertise.  It is more of an open message board.  Therefore, some questions may go unanswered simply because no one "pops in" who really knows enough about a question to be particularly helpful.  Others may be unclear.  Even the ones that get answered may take a week for someone to reply.

So, while I also would like to see more of my colleagues actively participating here, that may or may not happen depending on the visibility this site has to ACS Membership and on the current interests of those members.  The ACS DOES offer other information and resources to the public through its main website.  Some of those may also provide very useful answers to your questions.

Of course, despite the organization's preference to be the primary source of accurate chemical information, it doesn't mean that it is the only place to look.  There are very many reliable and reputable sources for chemical information online.

With that background, is there a particular question about chemsitry or chemicals that you have in mind?

Best regards,

Steven

gkassnarayan
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

The volatility of the alcohol is responsible for quickly giving the color of boron to the flame.

0 Kudos