cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DougWill-Kazoo
New Contributor III

Creating a group in the network - help

Jump to solution

Sorry. I am a novice in this network. I would like to create a private group for collaboration between high school teachers in my local section. I found several help pages (links below) in the Knowledge Base on groups but do not find the features or functions that are mentioned. 

Creating-Managing-a-Group 

Establishing-Managing-a-Group 

Top-5-Things-You-Need-to-Know-About-Groups 

Can anyone tell me what I am missing?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougWill-Kazoo
New Contributor III

Re: Creating a group in the network - help

Jump to solution

Excellent. Thanks again. I may need a day to get my request in but will send it soon.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ChrisbbSchmidt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

If you are interested in creating a group, please send an email to ACSNetworkFeedback@acs.org and we can set on up for you. We migrated to a new platform earlier this year and at this point, only administrators can create groups. 

0 Kudos
DougWill-Kazoo
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

Thank you, Chris. I appreciate your reply. At this point, we are exploring ways to create a topic discussion group within our local section website platform. That sounds like it will give us more management control, hopefully with little or no additional cost.

0 Kudos
ChrisbbSchmidt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

i just reread this and let me say that once we set you up, there you should have control and there is no cost. It is an easy platform to use. 

0 Kudos
DougWill-Kazoo
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

Thanks again. I am interested. One more question: The group is intended to engage high school teachers who live/work in our local section and belong to AACT. Most of them will not be ACS members. Is it possible for such users to have access or will ACS membership be necessary?

0 Kudos
ChrisbbSchmidt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

They will need an ACS ID but that does NOT require ACS membership.  You can send the request with a suggested name, purpose, and boards needed to ACSNetworkFeedback@acs.org

I also just posted an article which gives the very basics around a group hub.  https://communities.acs.org/t5/ACS-Blog/Group-Hubs-a-tool-for-collaboration/ba-p/86527

0 Kudos
DougWill-Kazoo
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

Excellent. Thanks again. I may need a day to get my request in but will send it soon.

0 Kudos