cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ianochester
New Contributor

Trying to find a Chemist who can assist with a new formula for a Invention in Sunscreen

Hello, Im an father of 3 girls and I live in Australia. I lived in Florida for 15yrs and I currently work away in the mining and mineral sector as a engineer in Geoscience, directional Drilling Oil and Gas in Queensland, Australia.

I have an idea, which is at its prototype stage. I believe its a game changer in reducing single use plastics and also providing a unique way to which sunscreen is applied and transported from manufacture to consumer. I need to find someone who can help me refine/develop a formula using Zno and TiO2 nm particles as the active ingredients. I have been dealing with a Manufacture in USA who currently manufactures world wide compliant ZnO and Ti02 nm dispersion. 

A professional or student who is passionate, I would truely be grateful to work alongside someone who is keen on making a difference to our world.

I have a brief 6 pages of material on the current formula and where we are to date, the issues and problem's we are trying to solve. 

Thanks in Advance. 

Ian Chester  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
slpatton
New Contributor

Re: Trying to find a Chemist who can assist with a new formula for a Invention in Sunscreen

Hi Ian,

I'm also a father of 3 with sunscreen "issues" on the other side of our home planet in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. A colleague of mine has done some work with ZnO formulations. I noticed your post is a month old; I just got my membership to ACS reinstated (Premium) on Friday. If you've already figured this out, no worries. But I can see more specifically what he's up to with ZnO formulations if you're still seeking a chemist's answer. Might even recruit him as an ACS member if he isn't already. Either way, best of luck in your endeavors! And may we all have a healthier relationship with the sun!

Cheers,

Schuyler Patton 

0 Kudos
gary598byers
New Contributor

Re: Trying to find a Chemist who can assist with a new formula for a Invention in Sunscreen

Thank you for reaching out from Philly! I appreciate your offer to connect with your colleague working on ZnO formulations. I'm still exploring options, so any insight would be valuable. Please share your colleague's expertise, and I'll gladly reciprocate with my findings. ACS membership renewal was a great move! Let's leverage our network to tackle sunscreen challenges. Looking forward to potential collaboration and learning from your colleague's research.

0 Kudos
nickfreedy
New Contributor

@slpatton wrote:

Hi Ian,

I'm also a father of 3 with sunscreen "issues" on the other side of our home planet in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. A colleague of mine has done some work with ZnO formulations. I noticed your post is a month old; I just got my membership to ACS reinstated (Premium) on Friday. If you've already figured this out, no worries. But I can see more specifically what he's up to with ZnO formulations if you're still seeking a chemist's answer. Might even recruit him as an ACS member if he isn't already. Either way, best of luck in your endeavors! And may we all have a healthier relationship with the sun!

Cheers,

Schuyler Patton 

Have you explored various concentrations of ZnO in your formulations, and what effects have you observed?

0 Kudos