cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
silenatapia1000
New Contributor

Hi, I´m interesting in to introduce the history for teach of chemistry in my school, I need bibliografy connection with history of chemistry

Jump to solution

I´m teacher colombiam, I´m  researching conneting of impacto of the history chemistry in the to learning of stochiometry. I need bibliografy conneting chemistry´s History.

Silena Tapia Maturana

teacher of chemitry and biology

Antioquia-colombia

Email. Nikona.m1000@gmail.com

http://blogsilena.blogspot.com/

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
k_lindblom
New Contributor III

Re: Hi, I´m interesting in to introduce the history for teach of chemistry in my school, I need bibliografy connection with history of chemistry

Jump to solution

Hi Silena. I just saw your post on teaching the history of chemistry to your class. The ACS National Historic Chemical Landmarks program offers a lesson plan for high school (or advanced middle school or even community college) teachers of chemistry or history classes. The subject is the development of baking powder, and it includes an exercise in stoichiometry. The materials, which include a video, reading material and five exercises, are available online at www.acs.org/landmarks/bakingpowder/lessonplan.

You might also find the Landmarks program to be a useful resource for teaching about chemistry and history. The website is www.acs.org/landmarks.

Good luck!

Keith Lindblom

American Chemical Society Office of Public Affairs

National Historic Chemical Landmarks Coordinator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dibble
New Contributor III

Re: Hi, I´m interesting in to introduce the history for teach of chemistry in my school, I need bibliografy connection with history of chemistry

Jump to solution

Try the web page of Carmen Giunta of LeMoyne College.  He is associate editor of the Bulletin for the History of Chemistry.

Theodore S. Dibble             

Chemistry Department

SUNY-Environmental Science and Forestry

1 Forestry Drive

Syracuse, NY 13210

(315) 470-6596

(315) 470-6856  (fax)

http://www.esf.edu/chemistry/faculty/dibble.htm

0 Kudos
silenatapia1000
New Contributor

Jump to solution

thanks, I will visitc the website and I wiil tell you my conclusions.

Silena Tapia Maturana

teacher of chemitry and biology

Antioquia-colombia

Email. Nikona.m1000@gmail.com

http://blogsilena.blogspot.com/

0 Kudos
k_lindblom
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

Hi Silena. I just saw your post on teaching the history of chemistry to your class. The ACS National Historic Chemical Landmarks program offers a lesson plan for high school (or advanced middle school or even community college) teachers of chemistry or history classes. The subject is the development of baking powder, and it includes an exercise in stoichiometry. The materials, which include a video, reading material and five exercises, are available online at www.acs.org/landmarks/bakingpowder/lessonplan.

You might also find the Landmarks program to be a useful resource for teaching about chemistry and history. The website is www.acs.org/landmarks.

Good luck!

Keith Lindblom

American Chemical Society Office of Public Affairs

National Historic Chemical Landmarks Coordinator

0 Kudos