cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saradelgado-rive
New Contributor III

Re: GREEN CHEMISTRY–A –THON (GCAT)

Johary definitely right, the best way to summarize the 12 principles of green chemistry is to collect in these three major concepts ... Now I ask, if they had to summarize in a single principle, which would you choose???

UPR-RP
New Contributor III

When applying the 12 principles of Green Chemistry we are definitely setting the mark between choosing, saving our mother Earth and winning a Nobel Prize with reactions that are highly toxic to humanity.

Joshua Hernández Reyes

Johary
New Contributor III

So Sara has a great question...So if I were to summarize the 12 Principles in 1 it would be...Efficiency. Being more efficient in preventing, being more efficient security wise and being even more efficient as a chemist in integrating the 12 principles of Green Chemistry is of great importance. Efficiency is the key.

Juanky
New Contributor II

Once you prevent...you maximize your efficiency and increase the security.  Prevention means, thinking twice...maybe a third, fourth...times.  Prevention is having in your critical thinking the ability to discriminate between the factors that are better to your life, your health and also to the environment.

Saradelgado-rive
New Contributor III

Both Johary and Juan have some very interesting ideas, in my opnion if I were to summarize the 12 principles in one, also choose Prevention. Because I understand that prevention of: accidents, creation of toxic products, damage to the environment, the misuse of energy and non-renewable raw material, we will build a sustainable and less polluted world.

UPR-RP
New Contributor III

By following the principle # 10, designing materials like biodegradable polymers, that do not affect or contaminate the environment but can be degraded. This is very important because polymers are widely used and therefore generates a lot of waste.

Zahíra D. Rodríguez Cartagena

Juanky
New Contributor II

We must embrace this 12 Principles...maybe they should be summarized in one...may be not...maybe there are some new ideas...but the most important thing is that we must have a commitment and think globally. Not only in our own needs as individuals...but on what  is the most valuable thing for our future, the future of others, and the future of our planet...

Saradelgado-rive
New Contributor III

3, 2, 1!  This is the end of the Green Chemistry A Thon, but the most important thing as Juan said is start to think globally and help to awareness and educate other people about the Green Chemistry principles and how follow them. Beacause if we all colaborate we can build a better planet together. Start to think Green for us and for the next generations!

We did it UPR-RP!

Johary
New Contributor III

Thinking Green during these 24 hours is almost over. May I say, that being part of this Green Chemistry marathon has not only helped me review the 12 principles of chemistry and the importance of green chemistry of our present and future but also motivated me to motivate others to learn more about this topic that is of great importance.  As many have said, we have to create awareness.  It is our responsibility to make this happen for today's society but even most importantly for our future scientific community and community in general. Let's celebrate earth day and green chemistry every day!

Johary
New Contributor III

We did it UPR-RP! Wuhuuuu!