Disney Worldwide Services - Job details
We are seeking a Product Integrity Specialist to join our Product Integrity team based in Hammersmith on a permanent basis.
Aims of the Job:
The Green Chemistry Program is an enterprise wide function that is responsible for the development and implementation of the corporate strategy on Green Chemistry at the Walt Disney Company. The department reports into the global Integrated Supply Chain Management and Product Integrity teams, promoting operational, compliance and citizenship objectives within the company’s consumer products supply chains. The core objective of this role is to support the Green Chemistry program as an analyst, within the London office Product Integrity Team for the EMEA region.
The Product Integrity specialist will take responsibility for analysing complex chemicals regulations and product data to fulfil product regulations and support the Green Chemistry programs across EMEA.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting chemicals compliance requirements, including internal Green Chemistry programs with suppliers
- Working closely with the PI and legal teams, manage the Chemicals Portal for the EMEA region, with a focus on systematically evaluate new substances of concern and changing regulations, specifically those impacting EMEA
- Compiling and analysing complex data to provide regulatory insight and product safety consultation around chemicals safety assessment (CSA) to all Disney Business units and their licensees
- Conducting chemical safety assessments of Disney products and understanding complex changing regulatory requirements regarding global chemicals regulations
- Performing safety/reliability product review for all assigned business units, assuring complete coverage
Suitable candidates will offer the following skills and experience:
- Bachelors degree in Chemistry or Materials Science
- Proven experience working in a QA/ product safety function with consumer products or biotech
- A good knowledge of Green Chemistry Principles, preferably supported with work experience within a private or university lab setting
- Experience handling sensitive information and the ability to translate complex chemicals data into concise reporting requirements
- A solid background in working with chemicals analysis with a focus on chemicals of concern and regulatory requirements in Europe, US and Asia
- Strong mathematical skills to translate information from vendors to regulatory requirements
- MSc in chemicals engineering or chemistry
- Experience in a product safety or product development function consumer products supply chains (toys, apparel, electronics, jewellery, or publishing)
- Experience working with a global product safety or government regulations team
- French fluency a plus
What we offer:
This position provides a unique opportunity to work within a global business, the ability to continue to learn within a very fast paced global regulatory landscape, and work with a diverse consumer products portfolio.
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits
If you have the talent and want to play your part, please apply now.
Imagine the stories you can be a part of . .
Right to work in the UK
Please note that all of our UK based roles require you to have the existing right to work in the UK