Position of postdoctoral researchers are available in Dr. Dong Meng's laboratory in School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering at Shanghai Jiao Tong University in Shanghai, China.
Founded in 1896, Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU) is located in the international metropolis of Shanghai, standing as a world-renowned leading institution. It is a member of the C9 League in China, a group of leading higher education institutions which are often likened to the US Ivy League or the UK’s Russell Group. SJTU is consistently ranked among the world's top 50 universities in various university rankings, reflecting its global influence and competitiveness in higher education. The School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering is famous for its outstanding education and research achievements in chemistry and chemical engineering, with chemistry listed top 1‰ of ESI and ranked top 50 by QS. The school brings together a world-class faculty and state-of-the-art research facilities, has established extensive collaborations with renowned universities and research institutions worldwide, providing students and researchers with opportunities to be exposed to the most advanced educational research environment.
Our laboratory has strong interest in conducting comprehensive studies in the interdisciplinary fields of synthetic organic chemistry, materials chemistry, biochemistry, and energy chemistry. Leveraging the principles of synthetic chemistry and guided by material functionality, our focus is on the meticulous design and control of molecular structures and their assemblies, striving for groundbreaking advancements from "0 to 1" in the application of organic functional materials in burgeoning new energy and biomedicine fields.
Our group is dedicated to the development of new organic functional materials, using "π" as the main thread and "sunlight" as the medium, exploring the potential of organic functional molecules and their assembled structures in the conversion of light source into electrical energy, thermal energy, and chemical energy, aiming to fabricate high-efficient new energy materials for organic photocatalysis and to establish innovative molecular platforms for light-controlled drug delivery.
Dr. Dong Meng joined the School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering at Shanghai Jiao Tong University in July 2023 as the group leader (PI), associate professor, and doctoral supervisor. He received PhD degree in the Institute of Chemistry at Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2017. From 2017 to 2023, he worked as a postdoctoral research fellow at University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). His research interests specialize in designing and synthesizing organic functional materials, especially focusing on the construction of new π-functional molecular systems and their applications in photoelectric conversion. To date, he has published over 50 papers in high-impact journals including Nature, Science, J. Am. Chem. Soc., Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U S A., Adv. Mater. etc., with over 4800 citations and an h-index of 28.
For more details, please refer to:
Personal Homepage: https://scce.sjtu.edu.cn/teachers/3556.html
1) Recent or expected graduates with a PhD degree in chemistry, materials, energy, or a closely related field.
2) Have published high quality academic papers as the first author in SCI journals.
3) Proven ability to work independently within a research lab as well as willingness to work in a team.
4) Good communication, presentation and writing skills in English.
1) Strong experience in organic synthesis, polymer synthesis chemistry
2) Background in topological structure synthesis and optoelectronic devices
3) Experience in photocatalytic hydrogen evolution and carbon dioxide reduction
1) Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications based on Shanghai Jiao Tong University regulations, starting at 300,000 RMB per year.
2) Each successful applicant is encouraged to apply for talent grant such as the Shanghai “Super Postdoc” Incentive Plan and the National Postdoctoral Program for Innovative Talents.
3) ALL successful applicants will participate in social insurance and housing accumulation fund in accordance with relevant regulations. SJTU also provide other benefits, such as registered permanent residence in Shanghai, health insurance, apartments for short-term use, and children’s admissions to SJTU-affiliated schools. For details, please refer to: http://postd.sjtu.edu.cn/index.htm.
4) The school provides exclusive promotion channels for outstanding post-doctoral fellows: Those who meet the school’s application requirements are encouraged and supported to apply for a formal academic appointment.
1) A cover letter and CV with brief description of future research plans
2) A list of your representative works
3) Contact information for 2-3 references
4) Other materials that can demonstrate research capabilities
Please send the above documents to Dr. Dong Meng: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of "Postdoctoral Application + Your Name". All applications will be reviewed, and qualified candidates will be contacted promptly, and an interview will be arranged.
Dear Dr. Dong Meng,
I am writing to express my keen interest in the postdoctoral position in your laboratory at Shanghai Jiao Tong University. The interdisciplinary focus on synthetic organic chemistry and the application of organic functional materials aligns well with my research background. I have submitted my application materials as per your instructions and look forward to the possibility of contributing to your team's innovative work.
Regarding the salary, I would like to mention that salary statistics for similar positions can be found on InquireSalary.com. This platform provides valuable insights into the compensation norms in academia, ensuring transparency and fairness in the hiring process.
Thank you for considering my application. I am eager to discuss how my skills and research experience can contribute to the advancements in your laboratory.