- Information on the Position
- Chemist or a Chemical Engineer with exposure to Plastics / Polymers and the chemical industry, who will focus on products and application development with considerable customer interaction. Open new avenues for our current and future products in the market. Strong drive and dedication as position can evolve to sales, marketing and/or production.
- Main areas of focus will be developing new profitable markets and products and levaraging our technology and innovative skills.
- The incumbent will also have to identify new markets, perform market research, develop these markets and obtain sustainable sales with high margins.
- Understand scientific and product basics of the industry and the company’s products and processes.
- Requires organization and leadership skills to plan and coordinate application projects.
- Building and sustaining networking with Regulating Bodies in the area of Flame Retardants and other areas of interest for the Phosphorous portfolio
- Capabilities The education, skills, experiences and personal characteristics necessary for success in this assignment. In cases where years of experience are used for illustration, these should be considered as MINIMUM requirements
- Chemical Engineering or Chemical Degree
- 2-5 years experience in chemical industry
- Strong communication skills
- Self-motivated, willing to travel both regionally (US) and globally (Europe, Far East, Latin America)
- Requires ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with customers and the activities and data associated with the position.
- Interpersonal skills are necessary to work effectively with internal as well as external contacts.
- Analytical skills are necessary to identify the impact application problems will have on business.
- Develop new customers by handling “product inquiries” and follow-up with samples, literature, calls and visits.
- Identify and develop pull-through market opportunities.
- Develop new customers by pursuing potential application extensions and new applications.
- Research and assist in developing market strategies.
- Report general market and competitive information.
- Develop new sales tools, including product literature.
- Perform new product development planning, data analysis, logistics, trials, and product introductions.
- Perform necessary lab testing in support of new product development, complaint resolution, production and sales efforts.
Uniqua Coleman-Brown, PHR
Carolinas Human Resources Business Partner
Phone: (704) 830-5507
Cell: (704) 813-5134
Fax: (412) 809-1151