cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deharwell
Contributor

Questions for January ACS Career Industry Forum featuring President Thom Lane

You are invited to join an American Chemical Society (ACS) Careers Industry Forum teleconference on the tools necessary for success within the field of chemistry and related sciences.

Scheduled for 2 – 3 p.m. ET on Jan. 8, 2009 the teleconference will feature ACS President-Elect Thomas H. Lane, Ph.D. The topic is “Mastering the Necessary Skills for the Present and for the Future.” Lane is the Director of the Global Science and Technology Outreach and also Senior Research Scientist at the Dow Corning Corporation. With more than 33 years of research experience in organosilicon chemistry, he has contributed to the areas of interfacial science, scientific computing, and the biotechnology of silicon.

To register for the teleconference or to find out more information, go to acscareers.wordpress.com/industry-forum.

What questions would you like for Thom to address during the teleconference?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LisaBalbes
New Contributor III

Re: Questions for January ACS Career Industry Forum featuring President Thom Lane

Here are a few questions to get Tom started.......

What are the skills I need?

How do I figure out what skills I am lacking?

Where do I get education/training in the skills I don't have?

How do I prove to potential employers that I have certain skills - do I need a diploma from somewhere?

How do I track changes in skills employers want over time? 

0 Kudos
Johnkatz
New Contributor

Re: Questions for January ACS Career Industry Forum featuring President Thom Lane

Which does industry, generally speaking, value more: excellent written communication skills or excellent verbal communication skills? Why?

0 Kudos