cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electron cloud of an atom

As you know, the electron cloud surrounds the nucleus of an atom.  The electron cloud is literally an assembly of electrons.  By Coulomb electrostatic force, the each member of electron avoids each other very strongly.  In fact, if two of them were to be about the same position in space, then infinitely srtong Coulomb force will tear them decidedly.  Overlapping of the de Broglie wave of each electron is strictly inhibited.  Therefore, even an electron cloud of an atom cannot be seen to be a static peaceful thing.  In this seemingly static electron cloud, every electron is busily steering its course in order never to encounter with any other electron.  Thus, though it seems static from outside, the inner working of an electron cloud is actually very busy.  We cannot image it like the usual cloud floating in the sky or a lump of cotton.  An electron cloud even at rest must have dynamic motions always in it.

This is my personal current view.  What is yours, Sir?

Thanks for reading

0 Kudos
3 Replies
fang1380
New Contributor III

Re: Electron cloud of an atom

You talked about the electronic dynamic and static, very good.

Electronic except around the anti-nuclear movement, there can be no other sports, this movement with the planets orbit the sun is a truth. On the other hand, the atomic diameter is small, electronic movement speed, so, the nuclear  electrons orbiting a circle, can't use the time division electronic ring. So, the electron cloud is the result of numerous electronic rings overlap.

The success of the nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) , have proved the hydrogen in the compound is a small magnet, its extranuclear electron cloud is circular, instead of spherical and dumbbell shape. the latter can only exist in the isolation of hydrogen atoms.

About this problem, please read my article in the ACS Network " The Domino Effect is strong Evidence of the Molecular wave Ring Structure". I hope that with your cooperation, jointly explore. Thank you very much!

ruishi_fang@aliyun.com

0 Kudos

Dear Ruishi,

Thanks for your kind response.

I have been looking forward to hearing such a word "joint exploration" which you just have said.  I am sorry, but I feel that your English wording is a bid difficult for me to  understand completely.  However, you like science, and I like science too.  We may have something in common.

You wrote a blog previously in which you used a notion "wave ring."  What is a wave ring?  Can you show me the mathematical definition or mathematical concept of the wave ring?

Sincerely

Mitsuru Yamada

0 Kudos
fang1380
New Contributor III

Dear Mitsuru:I am glad to receive your reply. My English level is low. About the wave ring, electron in an atom in the form of a ring, not in the form of cloud. Electron cloud is the result of numerous rings overlap.Becaus electronic wave characteristics, so, also called wave ring. In order to facilitate your understanding, I send the article in the attachment for your reference,  welcom to point out mistakes.sincerelyRuishi Fang

0 Kudos