cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hdiaz
New Contributor

Natural Products Isolation

Jump to solution

What do you think is better for isolating compounds from aqueous extracts of plants? TLC, Liquid-Liquid extraction, HPLC or Countercurrent Chromatography?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kparunscientist
New Contributor

Re: Natural Products Isolation

Jump to solution

Hi,

I think U should go step by step, Start with Liquid-liquid extraction then TLC confirmation, then Column chromatography followed by Detection of compounds through HPLC MS / GC MS / NMR these techniques are based on ur compounds of interest.

Arun KP

Do anyone help me in finding the Database for LC MS/MS pattern on Natural products (Free Online)???

Thanks

Arun KP

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
May_
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

I think it depends on the compounds your trying to isolate. we, in my University, usually use HPLC.

good luck

rlagoa
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

You have to decide according to physical-chemical properties of the compounds to isolate, such as polarity (eventually pH-dependant). The compounds to isolate are known or to be identified? If they are known, the properties can be predicted or, even better, procedures may already be available in the literature. The volume of the extracts can also be determinant to choose isolation technique. Take in attention if your compounds are heat temperature-sensitive.

0 Kudos
hdiaz
New Contributor

Jump to solution

Thanks Ricardo. The compounds are to be identified, and the quantity of the extract will be aprox 1gr to isolate the compouds in it.

0 Kudos
kparunscientist
New Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi,

I think U should go step by step, Start with Liquid-liquid extraction then TLC confirmation, then Column chromatography followed by Detection of compounds through HPLC MS / GC MS / NMR these techniques are based on ur compounds of interest.

Arun KP

Do anyone help me in finding the Database for LC MS/MS pattern on Natural products (Free Online)???

Thanks

Arun KP

0 Kudos