Acetone (for soaking off 'gel nails' & the acrylic powder + liquid chemical that is mixed together & applied to the nails (ie, 'Acrylics').
I have finally figured out why the sensitive skin around my eyes gets burned (turns red, swells-up and peels & takes approx. 1-1/2 wks to heal) and I occassionaly get 'blisters' on my face...it's because I'm exposed to these chemicals at the nail salon every 2-3 wks.
I believe its the 'fumes/vapors' more than anything else because my fingers do not blister or burn - just the skin around my eyes is effected.
Has anyone else every come across this issue? Thank you for any help you can give me on this matter.
Hmmm, interesting. You must be hypersensitive. Have you worked in a lab before?
I have been working on trying to speed up the reaction for gel soak off manicure. Has anyone tried anything? I have tried warming the Acetone and warming the little foil wraps. Still no significate change in time. Has anyone tried anything to speed the reaction?
As a biochemist, I have learned to do my own nails and have done lots of experimentation on my own nails. As far as I know there is no way to speed up the reaction by removing with acetone. It may help if you efile down the thickness of the artificial nailand then apply acetone. I have switched to shellac by CND - lasts for 2-3 weeks and is easily removed with acetone wrap. Comes in a number of colours. OPI also has a similar line. I get my supplies online from a company in New Jersey. I think its called eNails. Also new shellac cured using LED light rather than UV so safer. I have not tried this product yet.
I have been using the Shellac with UV cure for a while. I love it, it last and last. But I wish I could figure out a way to speed up the reaction when removing it. I have come up with a little idea that kind of works. I attach cotton squares to larger squares of Aluminum foil with spray adhesive. Then I warm the acetone with one of those hand warmer packets. I put the warmed acetone on the cotton ( and it doesn't come off if you use the spray adhesive) and wrap each one. Then finally I put my fingers on the hand warmer thing. This cuts the time by about 2 minutes. But not what I was looking for. I want 1/2 the time. I hate waiting.
Let me know how the LED light cured polish works out. I am curious to know if it last as long and how hard it is to remove.