AnsweredAssumed Answered

Lithium ion battery puncture

Question asked by Joe Keffer on Jan 3, 2019

I work on a lot of electrical and electronics at my house. I went to school for electroni Repair and the other day when I was replacing a batter on a I phone six I accidentally ripped the batter open trying to pry the glue off and could smell a weird fumes there was no fire or sparks was that Hf acid I heard they produce that but only in a fire I took the phone outside awa from anything Incase w thermal event but the batter wouldn’t even hold a charge to turn the phone on to begin with. Is there now a danger inside my house I left windows open for a few days