cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArleneGarrison
Contributor II

Great Books in chemistry

The Senior chemists email inbox got the following question - who do you consider the great books and authors in chemistry? Re ply here and start a discussion, or email Ryan Kenney directly at the email below the more detailed note below. Thanks for what I know will be a lively discussion!

Arlene

"My name is Ryan Kenney and I am a junior undergraduate student at Pepperdine. I have always had a great interest in the field of chemistry, and I was hoping to find someone who would help with a current project I am working on. Here at Pepperdine, we have a program called Great Books, in which students take four semesters reading and learning from great authors such as Aristotle, Plato, Augustine, Kant, Freud, and so on. Currently in my final semester, my professor tasked us with making the program more accessible by researching different authors that would be considered “the Greats” in each field. The hope is to add a Great Books minor for every major offered at Pepperdine.

That being said, I was hoping to find a way to contact professionals from the field of chemistry. I noticed that y offer a senior chemist program and was wondering if there is any way I could either email individuals personally or if you know of who I can get in touch with to find a group in the Los Angeles area. Pepperdine is located in Malibu, so if you know of any group in northern LA I would greatly appreciate your help!

If you happen to have authors in mind I would also love to hear your input as well! Thanks in advance for your help, and I appreciate any input you have on the topic.

Sincerely,

Ryan Kenney

Undergraduate | Pepperdine University

Sports Medicine

ryan.kenney@pepperdine.edu

Tags (2)
0 Kudos