cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samueltoba
New Contributor

ACS Careers Industry Forum - Where do you see growth in the field of chemistry headed in the next three to five years?

Posting questions received from registered participants for ACS Careers Industry Forum teleconference by Bill Carroll. Please share your thoughts on this discussion topic.

"Where do you see growth in the field of chemistry headed in the next three to five years? I have a BS and MS in chemistry and soon a PhD in environmental Toxicology."

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JPIALET
New Contributor II

Re: ACS Careers Industry Forum - Where do you see growth in the field of chemistry headed in the next three to five years?

Unfortunately, I see most of the growth in chemistry occuring in developing countries at the expense of the U.S. and Western Europe.  Many of these countries attracted chemical manufacturing because of lower costs, less regulation and faster growing markets.  Now almost all parts of the U.S. chemical industry are laying off chemists and moving R&D to India and China where well trained chemists are cheap.

Sheetal-bhavik
New Contributor

Re: ACS Careers Industry Forum - Where do you see growth in the field of chemistry headed in the next three to five years?

Do you knowwhichcompanies are going there? Do you know  any companies which are hiring Chemists in India?

0 Kudos
mahapatra5
New Contributor

I know that big Pharma is certainly hiring in India right now. There is still a demand for synthetic organic chemists.

0 Kudos
NJShoger
New Contributor II

Many of higher costs and regulations are to benefit the emplyoyees and the environment....while it is unfortunate that businesses are moving because of increased labor and manufacturing cost in some ways we should celebrate the fact that industries in the US are not allowed to dump their waste in our water supplies and food supplies.

0 Kudos