5 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2009 10:02 PM by Les McQuire

What would you like to see in the Indicator (NoJ ACS Newsletter)?

Les McQuire

What would you like to see in the Indicator (the North Jersey ACS Newsletter)?

What is your favorite column or feature?  Can you suggest a North Jersey ACS member that would be a good person to "highlight in a member spotlight?

What would make the Indicator a "must read"?

• (removed)
          Paul Tukey

Message removed by author

• Re: What would you like to see in the Indicator (NoJ ACS Newsletter)?
              Les McQuire

Ideally we would have an editorial calendar i.e. themes for the various monthly issues.  Some are easy, like October being about National Chemistry Week and outreach but what other themes would people like to see?

Having themes will give more focus to each monthly issue, make it easier to identify possible contributors and advertisers and better tie our Newsletter to the Sections programing.

• Re: (removed)
                Mark Obrien

Paul,  The nice thing about email notifications is that you can respond to the thread directly from your email.  Simply click reply, type your message and hit send.  You do not have to be logged on to the ACS Network to participate in a threaded discussions.

I'm looking into the issue that your reported regarding the second link. I'll let you know what I find out.

Mark O'Brien

• Re: What would you like to see in the Indicator (NoJ ACS Newsletter)?
                Alan Cooper

I feel that the main focus of the Indicator should still be to highlite the NJ and NY section's activities.  A greater effort should be to include pictures of functions (people like to see themselves in print!).

The chemical industry, as well as the economy, is under severe stress with major job cuts throughout the industry.  At this time we should focus on career guidance and job prospects throughout the chemical industry.  This would attract the readers attention.

We also have a number of retired professionals.   How about articles on how they can volunteer and contribute to the profession even in retirement.  For example, we can highlite some of the opportunities at Universities within the area eg, Drew University has a program for retired chemists.  How can retirees contribute to the section's activities.