Thomas Lane

ACS Presidential Challenge

Discussion created by Thomas Lane on Jun 22, 2009
Latest reply on Jul 29, 2009 by Thomas Lane

The 2009 ACS President’s Challenge is all about helping the ACS membership grow so that we can continue to improve people’s lives through the transforming power of chemistry.  The ACS needs you to use your networks to recruit new members.  By bringing in more of our colleagues to help us in this endeavor, we can more effectively help people understand the positive impact of chemistry in their daily lives.

Please help me put a human face on chemistry by participating in the ACS President’s Challenge.  I hope this discussion forum will be a resource for your section or division and help you share the successes of your recruitment efforts.  I have included some videos that were recorded to help local sections more effectively reach out to their communities.  I hope these videos can be another resource to help you promote ACS membership through the President’s Challenge.

What strategies work best for you in recruiting new members to join your local section, technical division or ACS membership in general?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqYvoKnYPuM

Outcomes