cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thlane
New Contributor

ACS Presidential Challenge

The 2009 ACS President’s Challenge is all about helping the ACS membership grow so that we can continue to improve people’s lives through the transforming power of chemistry.  The ACS needs you to use your networks to recruit new members.  By bringing in more of our colleagues to help us in this endeavor, we can more effectively help people understand the positive impact of chemistry in their daily lives.

Please help me put a human face on chemistry by participating in the ACS President’s Challenge.  I hope this discussion forum will be a resource for your section or division and help you share the successes of your recruitment efforts.  I have included some videos that were recorded to help local sections more effectively reach out to their communities.  I hope these videos can be another resource to help you promote ACS membership through the President’s Challenge.

What strategies work best for you in recruiting new members to join your local section, technical division or ACS membership in general?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqYvoKnYPuM

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ROCLS
New Contributor

Re: ACS Presidential Challenge

As Chair of the ACS Membership Affairs Committee (MAC), I would like to remind everybody who is not sure how to get going on this challenge, that the ACS Division and Local Section Toolkits for recruiting and retaining members are posted on the MAC web site. They include suggestions for how to recruit and where to find new members.

http://www.acs.org/mac

0 Kudos
Kevinedgar
New Contributor

As the chair of the Divisional Activities Committee, I can tell everyone that since Tom Lane's challenge began in Salt Lake City, 31 of the 34 ACS Divisions (including the probationary division of Catalysis Science and Technology) have participated in the contest to recruit new ACS members.

As a result of their efforts, 441 members have joined ACS and your divisions.  The local sections have also recruited 260 new members. 

This is the place to share best practices about how to grow your own membership and learn from your colleagues.  Tell us how you did it! 

Kevin Edgar

0 Kudos
thlane
New Contributor

THANK YOU - for all of your work but we still have a way to go...

As of July 28, 2009, local sections and divisions have recruited 1,302 new members to the Society in response to the ACS Presidential Challenge.  101 Local sections and 31 divisions have participated including the probationary Division of Catalysis Science and Technology.  Divisions have recruited 787 members and local sections have recruited a total of 515.  The Challenge will continue through the end of the year.  Details are available on the Membership Affairs Committee web page.

Tom

0 Kudos