cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

ACS position on climate change

In the July 27th edition of C&EN, editor-in-chief Rudy Baum answers some of his critics on his original editoral on "Climate-Change News" (June 22). He also states the official position of the ACS on Climate Change. It is interesting to me how the moniker has changed from "Global Warming" since it has been cooilng for the the last 9 or 10 years or so. I am a "Global Warming Denier", but I am not a "Climate Change Denier". I believe the that the climate is always changing: getting cooler, then getting warmer....cooler, then warmer....cooler, then warmer....cooler, then warmer. LIKE A NATURAL CYCLE!!!! Not only do I disagree with Rudy Baum (why he stupidly goes out of his way to insult and impune Christianity in a commentary on Climate Change is beyond me), I disagree with the official ACS position.

This Climate Change rubbish is the biggest fraud perpetrated on mankind in history. It is not about helping the environment. It is about redistribution of wealth. Taking money from wealthy countries, businesses and people and giving it to others.

I think the official ACS pollicy is enabling to this lunacy and should be changed. Anyone else with me?

Kelly Branham, PhD

USM Polymer Science, 1995

(The ACS weekly email news letter asked for posts, so here you go.)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PeterBonk
New Contributor

Re: ACS position on climate change

Kelly,  I was at the DC "circulating" an Open Letter to the ACS Board asking them to revisit review and hopefully revise the ACS position on global warming.  The letter is in the attached file.   The letter is very similar to a sister letter being circulated by our physicist colleagues trying to get the APS to review its policy statement on climate change.  Let's talk, and I can tell you more about this project.

Regards,

Pete

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Re: ACS position on climate change

Peter - thanks for the update. I am glad to see that there is already some action in this regard. Please keep me in the loop and let me know how I can help.

0 Kudos