ACS Webinars: Professional Growth and Development Series
What should international scientists know to legally work and gain permanent residence in the US? According to 2005 ChemCensus, about twenty percent of chemical professionals are international. Join us to learn from speaker Kelly McCown, of McCown and Evans LLP, about the latest immigration updates for scientific professionals!
“Navigating U.S. Immigration – Updates for International Scientists.” A short presentation followed by Q&A with speaker Kelly McCown, Attorney at Law, of McCown and Evans LLP.
What You Will Learn
- Which green card category scientists should choose in the current immigration climate: EB-1, EB-2, EB-3, or EB-5
- The top five pitfalls in preparing Extraordinary Ability, Outstanding Professor/Researcher, and National Interest Waiver I-140 petitions
- How to increasing your chance of success with your I-140 petition by creating your “extraordinary” or “outstanding” qualifications
- How to respond to common Requests for Evidence raised by USCIS in I-140 petitions
- The recent restrictions in the H-1B category that will affect scientists and researchers
- And much more…
Date: Thursday, October 14, 2010
Time: 2:00-3:00 pm ET