This content has been marked as final. Show 1 reply
Several topics and candidate speakers for the fall meeting were discussed during the May 2012 meeting of the executive committee.
The ACS Speaker planning website is here or search for "The ACS Online Speaker Directory"
- Nuclear energy (nuclear troubles in Japan) Perhaps Gregory Choppin, FSU or Frank Settle (ACS Speaker) "Nuclear Power in Perspective"
- Space launch (specialist chemist from NASA speakers bureau)
- Food (Chemicals in food) potential speaker Bob Bates, Food Chemicals
- Natural gas (fracturing of shale) Marcellus Shale Coalition
- Weather (Florida Institute of Oceanography, Jeff Masters)
- Radioactivity (“Radioactive” by Lauren Redniss)
- History (Chemical Heritage Foundation), speakers from a previous meeting on innovation
- Photography (Silver and Sunlight - the science of early photography)
- Teaching and Learning of Chemistry (Michael Abraham) (2010 ACS Award winner for research for teaching and learning of chemistry)
- Physics for future presidents (Richard Mueller) (~$15k speaker fee)