5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2011 1:02 PM by Paula Christopher

AISES point of contact?

Donivan Porterfield

During the recent fall national ACS meeting in Denver I was contacted by a representative of AISES (American Indian Science and Engineering Society) who was also attending the meeting.  I was asked who is the current ACS point of contact to AISES since the group is listed on the ACS diversity and inclusion web site as one of three "partner organization".  While he was in the ACS Presidential succession, Thomas Lane attended some AISES meetings and represented the ACS to their organization.  However, since Lane has graduated from the Presidential succession she was not sure who had assumed that role.

In the mean time the AISES person (Lavonda Begay) I spoke to was primarily interested in contacting the Local Section for the Minneapolis / St. Paul area as that is where they are having their next national conference (November 10-12).  I have gone ahead and sent along that information to her.

I believe later on that I will hear back from Lavonda regarding possible support from the Central New Mexico Local Section in regard to their annual AISES Science & Engineering Fair (typically in Albuquerque, NM).  Our Local Section has customarily supported project awards at the AISES Science & Engineering Fair but there is likely some interest in greater participation.

Mr. Donivan Porterfield, Chair & Councilor

ACS Central New Mexico Local Section