Deadline for 2012 proposals: February 1 and July 1.
Innovative Projects Fund Guidelines
- Divisions may be awarded funding for up to two projects totaling up to $12,500 in a calendar year, and may have no more than two active proposals during any one review cycle.
- The IPG proposal may be submitted by any member of the division but must be accompanied by a letter of support from the current division chair.
- Funds must be used to support the proposed division projects and should be expended within a 1-2 year time period.
- Funding may not be used for honoraria, cash awards, or for creating endowments.
- Only proposals for forthcoming projects will be considered. Events/projects that take place before the proposal deadline will not be considered.
- Funds are intended to "seed" new ideas. Proposals for continuation of an existing program or project will not be considered.
- No matching funds are required, but divisions should include a list of other funding sources being considered.
- Divisions that are recipients of these funds are required to submit a short report on the use of the funds and the effectiveness of the project receiving funds. A status or final report on any previous year's funding shall be submitted to the DAC staff liaison (firstname.lastname@example.org) before any new funding for a subsequent year will be considered.
- Proposals shall not be considered if the division's secretary and/or treasurer annual reports are delinquent.
For more information visit www.acs.org/getinvolved.