Oligonucleotide Synthesis Chemist: Research Associate - Advanced
Biotechnology Co. (12-18 months) Santa Clara, CA
In this role you will be responsible for the synthesis, isolation, purification, and analysis of synthetic oligonucleotides.
Key responsibilities will include the preparation and purification of synthetic RNA and chemically modified synthetic RNA using automated solid-phase synthesis techniques. You will be pushing RNA synthesis state of the art using proprietary TC-RNA chemistry, and will be responsible for ordering, maintaining, and monitoring an inventory of chemical reagents, as well as maintenance and monitoring of the hardware components used for the synthesis, purification and analysis of the RNA products. You will be expected to help develop and optimize synthetic protocols and purification protocols, and be able to organize the data generated into clear and easy to read reports.
- BS/BA or MS/MA or PhD in Chemistry or Biochemistry, or equivalent.
- Research experience in support of synthetic organic chemistry research or development projects.
- 2+ years’ experience in solid-phase oligonucleotide synthesis, using and trouble-shooting automated solid-phase synthesizers and optimizing synthetic protocols and reaction schemas.
- 2+ years’ experience in the evaluation, analysis, characterization, purification, and optimization of purification protocols of oligonucleotides (RNA and DNA) via HPLC. Hands-on experience manipulating and synthesizing RNA in an R&D environment and practiced in anhydrous and RNAse-free lab techniques.
- Practiced in the development and bottling of buffers and reagents, as well as the management of laboratory chemicals and raw materials inventories.
- Ability to work independently and to execute and troubleshoot new methods.
- Must be able to think on their feet and “outside the box” to solve the problem.
- Familiarity with a broad range of affinity chromatography techniques.
- Experience with NMR and Mass Spectrometry.
- Excellent time management, record keeping, teamwork and communication skills.
- Computer literacy including proficiency with Word and Excel.
Please contact Greg Sexton, at (707) 304-5020 / email@example.com for additional information.