If you need help paying your mortgage, you may be eligible for assistance through a variety of programs.
Through the Making Home Affordable program, you can
- Refinance and take advantage of lower mortgage interest rates.
- Reduce your monthly mortgage payments.
- Get mortgage relief if you're unemployed.
- Get help when you owe more than your home is worth.
- Avoid foreclosure when homeownership is no longer affordable or desirable.
You can also talk to a housing counselor to get advice on buying a home, avoiding foreclosure, or learning
about reverse mortgages.
If you're considering refinancing your mortgage, learn the costs and determine if the time is right for you.
For more resources on helping your family cope with financial challenges, check out Help for Difficult Financial Times.